Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Priscilla & Bruno" 5-15-10

The wedding you're about to see posed a few firsts for me.  My first Portuguese wedding - not only photographing, but attending as well - and my first time to photograph a bride and groom with a commercial aircraft landing in the background.  At the Winnipeg International Airport!  How crazy is that opportunity?  You see, Priscilla is an aviation enthusiast.  She loves everything aviation, and she's portuguese.  Which makes her a very 'passionate' aviation enthusiast :)  It also helps that she met her future husband at the airport.  Talk about kizmet.  
The wedding day was fabulous!  May 15th, and who would have thought the high for the day could reach 79 degrees fahrenheit ( 26 degrees celsius).  Priscilla & Bruno were married at a quaint little Italian church on River Ave, and had their reception at the Winnipeg Aviation Museum.  By the end of the evening as I was packing up to go home, I had one of Priscilla's Aunts getting me a to-go-box for the amazing late night lunch they had just put out.  Having me leave hungry was not an option.  I truly felt like one of the family.  They were all such wonderful people who I could tell, loved with all of their hearts.  
I'll add one more thing... When I met the bride and groom for the first time, (which happened to be the Monday before the wedding) Bruno was sure to mention to me that he hated pictures, and that he would not smile for them.  Well, you can use your own judgement for that one. 
Thank you everyone, but thank you especially Priscilla & Bruno, for making me feel like part of the celebration.

 Enjoy :)
Sheri


    I like to begin as always, with a favorite...

                              Bruno, getting his Best Man's help with his cufflinks.

    And his Mom, helping Fernando with Bruno's tie... & yes, they turned it around next ;)  I was totally wishing I was bilingual in Portuguese at this point :)

I just love this shot.  I think Walter was their leader...  



                              And now, for the Bride and her girls getting ready.

  
    Jessica had such a stylish apartment for photos... with a view of incoming aircraft I might add.
 


Priscilla just loved her flowers... beautiful, and classic.


    This shot makes me happy.  They were watching the slideshow that would play during the reception         




How captivating... Priscilla, I hope you know how amazing you look!



    A cherished hug, between Priscilla and her brother Walter...

                              Bruno, awaiting his bride...

    Priscilla is given away by her Mom and her brother...

                              All I can say is... Wow. What an amazing shot.  Thanks Priscilla


    My favorite of the Bride & Groom...
                              
                              I think this could be an add for GQ.  Nice, Bruno.

                                  Hands down, my favorite shot of "The Boys".

    The girls thought of this pose... nice one ladies!
  

    This shot came right before the last one... cute. and real.

    Yep.  Fernando made Bruno smile in this shot... ha ha.  


                              This was the view from the Aviation Museum...



    How fun!  The "Yes, I caught the bouquet!" pose.  Love it.

This, was absolutely hilarious!  Bruno had 
no idea what these two were up to.  A fun 
series of shots...






                              Priscilla and her girls... 


                                  This photo speaks for itself... perfectly.

      I end off with a shot from the series of photos taken during our adventure on the landing strip.  Nice.
Congratulations you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics Sheri!! Love them! ~Andrea aka One of Priscilla's bridesmaids~

    ReplyDelete